Field days and shows offer great opportunities for an up-close with the latest equipment releases, to talk deals with manufacturers and to network with colleagues and others in the industry. After many industry conferences and events were cancelled in 2020, it’s great to see a calendar of events is shaping up for 2021.
We’ve compiled a calendar of some of the events in the construction, building, civil works and heavy vehicle sectors for you to earmark and some hints of being prepared when attending a show.
- Perth Autumn Home Show. 26-28 March 2021, Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre
- National Diesel, Dirt and Turf Expo. 9-11 April 2021. Sydney: Eastern Creek Dragway
- Melbourne Autumn Home Show. 16-18 April 2021. Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
- Master Builders SA Home Show. 30 April – 2 May 2021, Adelaide Showground.
- Civil Construction Field Days. 13-15 May 2021. Hamilton Northshore, Qld.
- Brisbane Truck Show. 13-16 May 2021. Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre.
- CRT Farmfest Agri-Tech Expo 8-10 June 2021. Toowoomba, Qld.
- Perth Tradie Expo. 16-18 June 2021. Ascot Racecourse.
- Perth Home Show. 6-8 August 2021. Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre.
- AgQuip Field Day. 17-19 August 2021. Gunnedah, NSW.
- Henty Machinery Field Days. 21-23 September, 2021.
- Elmore Machinery Field Days. 5-7 October 2021. Elmore Events Centre, VIC.
- The Adelaide Home Show. 15-17 October 2021. Adelaide Showground.
- Australian National Field Days. 21-23 October 2021. Borenore, NSW.
- Sydney Build Expo. 23-24 November 2021. ICC Sydney.
As we’ve seen over the past 12 months, issues around the coronavirus can cause events to be changed and state borders closed at short notice. Hopefully we will see far less of that through 2021 with the vaccine roll-out. But it is advisable to stay connected with the show of your choosing for regular updates.
Most industry events will have a website or webpage or social media presence where you can register for updates.
COVID-Safe Show Details
Events of this nature will in most cases, require to operate under an approved COVID-safe plan. These requirements may vary from state to state and depend on the scope and nature of the show.
Details to stay across:-
- COVID-19 restrictions may apply. These may include the recommended or preferred wearing of masks, physical distancing and limiting attendance.
- Pre-booking is available for some shows and may be strongly recommended if numbers are capped due to COVID restrictions.
- For the CCF (Civil Contractors Federation) Field Days in May, the organisers have noted a range of measures and actions in regard to COVID that they will be implementing. These include operating to a COVID-safe framework as determined by Queensland authorities and providing attendees with a briefing via email prior to the event.
Show Preparation: Tips and Hints for Attendees
Many business operators attend field days and shows to inspect specific equipment that they are considering purchasing. Shows offer a great opportunity to see equipment demos and ask the company reps all the questions you want on the spot.
Manufacturers often offer show specials with discounts and deals for buyers that order at the event. We’re giving you some tips and hints so you can be show-ready to capture those show specials and/or order at the show, knowing your finance is sorted.
- Loan calculator. Our equipment finance calculator is available on our website which means it is accessible from any device with internet connectivity. Having it ready and quickly accessible while attending an event is a great idea. When discussing equipment pricing with reps or comparing different makes and models, you can easily input the relevant data to get a repayment estimate.
- Interest rate comparison chart. Our comparison chart can also be accessed from your smart phone and may also come in handy if you are offered dealer finance at the show. At Jade Equipment Finance we pride ourselves on our cheaper interest rates. So if someone offers you finance, simply refer to our interest rates to see how we compare.
- Quick loan service. If you’ve decided to buy equipment while attending an event and you need fast finance, just give us a call while you’re there. Our consultants can take your brief and details and get back to you asap with a quote and/or loan approval.
- Pre-approved finance. While having our calculators at hand for quick estimates, the must-have accessory for serious show attendees is the pre-approved equipment loan. Get in touch with us in the week or so leading up to the event and Jade Equipment Finance will organise your pre-approved loan. That way you will be able to order while there. Pre-approved finance has no obligation attached so if you change your mind after seeing the equipment in person, no problem.
With current low interest rates and a surge in infrastructure and general economic activity, 2021 could be THE year for you to investment in new machinery and attending field days is a great way to see what is on the market.
Contact Jade Equipment Finance on 1300 000 003 to discuss your equipment finance requirements.
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS INFORMATION IS PROVIDED PURELY AS A GENERAL INFORMATIVE ARTICLE AND IS NOT INTENDED AS A SINGLE SOURCE FOR MAKING FINANCIAL DECISIONS. THOSE THAT CONSIDER THEY REQUIRE ADVICE IN REGARD TO THEIR FINANCIAL SITUATION ARE ADVISED TO REFER TO A FINANCIAL ADVISOR. NO LIABILITY IS ACCEPTED FOR ERRORS OR MISINTERPRETATIONS IN THE DATA, FIGURES, DETAIL AND OTHER INFORMATION AS SOURCED FROM OTHER SOURCES.