Caterpillar recently released several new excavators into the Australian market – the 350, 340 and 352, which are sure to be attracting attention from operators in a number of key industries. But the deciding factor for operators to realise the benefits and ROI of the new Cat excavators may be the affordability and cost-effectiveness of excavator finance.
The focus of these latest Cat models is on achieving increased efficiency, requiring less maintenance and supporting customers to reach their objectives in reducing emissions. Caterpillar’s Global Product Manager for hydraulic excavators, Mr Brian Abbott, said that the company was committed to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions while at the same time assisting customers to meet their own climate objectives. He said that new Cat 350 was a great example of that commitment.
On the Cat 340, Mr Abbott said it reached new performance levels with additions that made the excavator more productive and more stable. Additions which provide operators with greater flexibility to take on a larger range of projects.
As for the Cat 352, Mr Abbott said this model is unmatched for performance in its class. And that class is BIG. This machine is designed for those big jobs, with suitability for equipping with large capacity buckets. That means less passes to dig and to load a lot of material. Ideal for the demanding conditions in quarries and similar applications.
To assist operators to consider whether a new Cat excavator is a possible addition to their fleet, we summarise the key features of each model and provide the options for excavator finance.
There’s a lot to know about the Cat 350, but we summarise some of the key features and the benefits that operators may enjoy:-
- Fixed-gauge excavator with powerful digging force, strong swing torque.
- Productivity which is class-leading – suitable for equipping with buckets up the 3.2 cubic metres.
- Uses up to 13% less fuel than the 349 model – lowering costs, reducing emissions and providing more sustainable operation.
- Three options for power modes to match the job – Eco, Power and Smart.
- Outstanding technology to increase efficiency including Grade Assist, Vision Link, Swing Assist, Product Link and Lift Assist.
- Real time estimates of weight for precise load targeting and further efficiency gains.
- Requires less maintenance over previous designs.
- Simple, comfortable operation.
Cat 340 Key Features
The new 340 model is presented as offering the best in its class for production. This hydraulic excavator has a more power, a wider track and a large counterweight for an increase in productivity of 10% over the 336 model of 2020.
Key features include:-
- Less maintenance required.
- Match the jobs to one of the three engine modes.
- Downtime is reduced with the synchronising of the intervals for servicing the oil and fuel filters. This is detailed as eliminating labour costs for nine changes and the cost of parts for 27 oil and fuel filters across 10,000 hours of operating. This is compared with many of the competitor machines in this 30 to 40 ton class.
Interested? Check out the full details and speak to us for an excavator finance quote.
Bigger Jobs? Consider the Cat 352
When the job requires working with larger tools, consider the new Cat 352. With greater power and with its heavier counterweight, this hydraulic excavator presents potential for increased production which may equate to increased profits.
The 352 offers impressive features including:-
- Variable or a fixed gauge undercarriage.
- Cab options include a deluxe version.
- Pushbutton to start and via passcode.
- Smart technology with numerous Caterpillar systems to assist operators and deliver improved productivity and production.
- And many more to check out at the Caterpillar website.
Excavator Finance Options
As specialists in heavy equipment finance we provide the full portfolio of loan options for excavators including Leasing, Rent to Own, Commercial Hire Purchase and Chattel Mortgage. These loan products are available as Low Docs and No Doc Finance for new business set-ups and for ABN only holders.
All loans are individually sourced, negotiated and structured to meet the requirements of the business. A factor which can be critical in realising the expected ROI on the acquisition.
For contractors, SMEs and sole traders it is particularly important that the finance is structured in line with the prospects for the business over the coming years. Finance terms negotiated with our cheaper interest rates to deliver a repayment schedule that will not pressure cash flow but will deliver positive outcomes.
Interest rates are central to finance affordability and despite the recent RBA rate rises, we continue to deliver better interest rates across our excavator finance portfolio. There is no RBA Board meeting in January which means no rate rises until at least early February. So why not get in now, secure your new Caterpillar with our cheap interest rate excavator finance.
For finance on a new Caterpillar excavator, contact Jade Equipment Finance on 1300 000 003
DISCLAIMER: IF MISINTERPRETATIONS, MISREPRESENTATION OR ERRORS EXIST IN THIS ARTICLE, NO LIABILITY IS ACCEPTED. THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED ONLY FOR GENERAL PURPOSES AND NOT IN ANY MANNER INTENDED AS THE ONLY SOURCE FOR MAKING FINANCIAL DECISIONS. THOSE THAT CONSIDER THEY REQUIRE ADDITIONAL GUIDANCE OR ADVICE SHOULD REFER TO AN INDEPENDENT FINANCIAL ADVISOR.